Roku Premiere (model: 4620) supports 720p HD, 1080p Full HD, 4K Ultra HD (UHD) and ships with a Standard IR remote. This article describes the product in more detail and outlines the setup steps.
Will Roku Premiere work with my TV?
Roku Premiere will work with any television with an HDMI® connection.
However, you will not be able to take advantage of 4K resolution without a 4K compatible TV. A 4K compatible television is not the only requirement to stream movies and TV shows in 4K; learn more about setting up your Roku Premiere for 4K Ultra HD.
We recommend using a High Speed HDMI Cable if your TV only supports 720p and 1080p, or a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable if your TV also supports 4K.
Setting up your Roku Premiere
- Follow along with the tutorial video below, or download the Quick Start Guide.
- Make sure the correct TV input is selected on your TV (the input to which your Roku Premiere is connected). You should see the Roku logo on the TV screen as your Roku player powers on. Help is available if you do not see video on your TV from the Roku Premiere or have problems with your remote control.
Going through Guided Setup
- Choose a language
- The first screen you see will allow you to choose a language. All text and dialog within the Roku application will be displayed in the selected language.
- Scroll up and down the list and press the OK button on your Roku remote to choose a language.
- Note: It is the responsibility of the channel publisher to translate their channel and some channels may not support your chosen language.
- Connect your Roku Premiere to your network and the internet
- Choose your wireless network from the list of available networks and enter your password. This is most often the same network you use to connect your computer or smartphone to the internet. If you do not see your network, select Scan again to see all networks. For more assistance, see help finding your wireless network and password.
- If you want to see your password as you type, choose Show password. This can help prevent entering the wrong password. Remember, passwords are case-sensitive. Use the shift button on the on-screen keyboard to enter a capital letter.
- Once you have entered your password and selected Connect, your Roku Premiere will automatically connect to the internet. Alternatively, you can get more help if you are unable to connect to your wireless network.
- Wait for your Roku Premiere to download the latest software
- Once connected to the internet, your Roku Premiere will download the latest version of Roku OS software and then reboot.
- Set the display type
- Select Auto detect display type and your Roku Premiere will analyze the HDMI connection and determine the supported video resolutions. To have your Roku Premiere automatically choose the best display resolution so you don’t have to manually configure the settings, choose Ok, go to automatic. To change the display type at a later time, go to Settings > Display type.
- If support for 4K is not detected and you are using a 4K compatible TV, make sure all HDMI cables are firmly attached and all connections support HDCP 2.2. For more help, review the steps for 4K setup.
- Create a Roku account and activate your Roku Premiere
- In order to activate your Roku Premiere, it must be linked to a Roku account. Your Roku account keeps track of which Roku devices you own and allows you to add free and purchase channels from the Roku Channel Store.
- Instructions for activating your Roku Premiere will be displayed on your TV, including an activation code; e.g. “XCV5TG”. You will be required to visit roku.com/link on your computer or smartphone, enter the code and follow the instructions to activate your Roku Premiere.
- Note: Roku does NOT charge for device activation. When entering roku.com/link into your web browser, type it carefully to avoid fraudulent websites.
- You are done!
Once you have completed all the activation steps, your Roku Premiere will be ready to use.